Saturday 8 October 2016

`Don't Feel Sorry For Me'

DON’T FEEL SORRY FOR ME!

I was reciting a bit of poetry from under the shade of a tree,
When a woman asked me name, then said she felt sorry for me.
It seems to me she had the bull by the horns instead of by the tail,
And I can’t be held to blame if her hearing’s beginning to fail.

Ah shit, I think I’ve offended her, now that will never do,
The Great Australian Freedom has got me in the pooh!
I only told them whinging migrants to stop crying on my sleeve,
That if they weren’t happy here, they’ve got the right to `bloody` leave.

I said we were a Christian country and English was our tongue,
We have been this way for two hundred years when all is said and done.
Christianity was the principles this country was founded on; we give a fair go,
We don’t want them to change our culture or tell us how to run our show.

Persecuted in their own country they come here then whinge because they’re free?
At least I got some one thinking; I’ll mark that up as one to me,
For someone to take the time out and consider giving me a serve,
I reckon I must be on a winner; because I must have touched a nerve.

I know my words don’t please everyone but I’ve never really tried,
And some of my views in this verse will put me well off-side.
But don’t feel sorry for me, just look at the world in which we live,
And just look at Australia it might need all the sympathy you have to give.

For years we’ve welcomed migrants because that’s the Australian way,
But we don’t wanna hear them whinging if they wanna stay.
Perhaps it’s the whinging migrants, who are more deserving of your pity,
The ones who form their little enclaves in our capitol cities.

So don’t feel sorry for me, cos I couldn’t give a stuff;
And if you don’t like my words; well, that’s bloody fair enough;
It’s obvious my sentiments about this country you don’t share,
Unlike me about Australia; I don’t think you flaming care!


© Corin Linch 7/1/07

No comments:

Post a Comment